• AirCam Forum
    Meet other AirCam owners & enthusiasts!
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:17 am

Benn turned in the eventual game-winner

Share what's on your mind.

by jinshuiqian0713 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:08 am

Warringtons road to the Grand Final began on a pre-season trip to Tenerife, captain Chris Hill says. Yogi Ferrell Kings Jersey . The Wolves go to Old Trafford this weekend, live on Sky Sports, with just Wigan now standing in the way of a first league title in 61 years. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just ?£6.99. No contract. Hill has already led the side to the League Leaders Shield and a Challenge Cup runners-up spot this season, their success a far cry from last seasons sixth-placed finish and subsequent Super 8s exit. Its totally different to last year, Hill said. I think our mentality has changed. We had a good chat when we were in Tenerife for our pre-season camp where we changed our mentality around. We focused on what we wanted to win and we made it known we wanted to do the treble.We fell short at Wembley but we took one out and were going to take the other. Grand Final: Key battles Warrington v Wigan: Three key battles of the 2016 Grand Final The pain of losing the Challenge Cup final to Hull FC in dramatic fashion, after leading 10-0, is still a spur for Hill who said: I think sometimes you have to go through the heartache to make you a better player.You dont want to feel like you did at the end of the Challenge Cup final. Its motivation in itself. Others might have different motivation, but personally thats one for me. Former Wigan player Phil Clarke previews the Super League Grand Final. I think the League Leaders is under-estimated, its probably the hardest one to get. To be the most consistent side over 30 weeks is hard and so for us it was a great achievement but we want to go out with the big one on Saturday.Hill was part of the Warrington side beaten in the 2012 and 2013 Grand Finals, and he said: It hurts, it has for a few years, and hopefully we can overturn it on Saturday.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Super League Grand Final on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Sinfield: Tough to pick a winner From ballboy to Grand Finalist Grand Final: Key battles VOTE: Stevos top Super League player Sacramento Kings Jerseys . The Blue Jackets announced the injury through their official Twitter account Friday afternoon. Gaborik, 31, has scored five goals and six assists in 17 games with the Blue Jackets in 2013-14. Buddy Hield Jersey . Fans in the Jets viewing region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 5:30pm ct and listeners can tune in to TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg. http://www.nbakingsonline.com/Authentic-Oscar-Robertson-Kings-Jersey/ . "That was a great lift for the staff," Padres manager Bud Black said. Yonder Alonso and Yasmani Grandal homered, and Chase Headley drove in three runs, as the Padres beat the Chicago Cubs 11-1 on Friday night.SOCHI, Russia – It was late August at the Olympic orientation camp in Calgary, more than five months from the official start of the Sochi Olympics, and Canadian head coach Mike Babcock delivered a message for those players not invited to take part. “Do something about it,” Babcock said defiantly. “The great thing about life is you get to control what happens to you the majority of the time. Do something about it if youre not here.” Jamie Benn was not among the 25 forwards selected to participate in that late summer camp, but it was the 24-year-old from Victoria B.C. who managed to emerge in Canadas tournament-opening win over Norway. Though he played just under nine minutes in his first Olympic game – a team-low – Benn turned in the eventual game-winner and made himself a noticeable presence alongside John Tavares and Patrice Bergeron on an energetic Canadian fourth line. He beat out 12 of the aforementioned forwards for the opportunity in Sochi, including the impressive likes of Claude Giroux, James Neal, and Eric Staal. “It was just motivation,” Benn said of not being selected to the orientation camp, which saw 47 players gather in Alberta for a brief three-day meet-and-greet. “Obviously Canada can put some pretty good teams together and every guy that went to the orientation camp deserved to be there. It just gave me a little bit more motivation coming into this year.” The first-year captain of the Dallas Stars, Benn totaled 22 goals and 51 points in the first half, his tantalizing combination of size, speed, grit and skill too appealing for Steve Yzerman and the Hockey Canada brass to pass up. “I just went out there inn the first half and focused on the Dallas Stars and what I had to do to win hockey games over there,” said Benn, a fifth round steal in the 2007 draft. Nemanja Bjelica Kings Jersey. “I didnt change anything. I didnt try to impress.” Upon arrival in Sochi, Babcock stressed that opportunity and ice-time would be earned amongst his 14 forwards. And though Benn didnt play a lot against Norway he did more than enough to get noticed, most notably in a dominant second frame of Canadas 3-1 win. It was Benn who drew a penalty in the offensive zone just moments before Shea Weber scored the first Canadian goal, a blast that eased some tension from a jittery first frame. And then it was Benn just a few minutes later – he was nearly rocked by Ole-Kristian Tollefsen moments earlier – making no mistake on a terrific cross-ice feed from the intuitive Bergeron. “Benn can skate and hes hard, shoots the puck,” said Babcock, who raved about Benn, Bergeron, Tavares and Martin St. Louis, the bottom group of Canadian forwards on this night. “It was a key for us to win our shift each and every time we went out there,” Benn said. “Its taking a hit or getting a hit to get in it and I think thats what happened in the second there.” One of eight Canadians making their debut on the Olympic stage on Thursday, Benn said whatever nerves may have been there in the furious buildup to a hard-fought match against the Norwegians disappeared quickly. And by nights end there was sweet redemption for a player who fought his way onto the team. “Its great to be a part of, represent your country,” he said. “It was exciting to get it going today.” ' ' '
jinshuiqian0713

Return to General Discussion

User Menu

Login