• AirCam Forum
    Meet other AirCam owners & enthusiasts!
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:57 am

Wiring

All build threads go here.

by dkwall » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:03 pm

I am ready to start wiring all the instruments, lights and engines. Lockwood provided me with a basic wiring diagram. I am not a electrician so I am having problems understanding the diagram. If you have wired an aircam and would be willing to answer a few questions, please call me at 337-370-1999.
Thanks,
dkwall

by mosky » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Hey i'm not professing to be an expert as i've only built one Aircam. There are some out there who have built many more but i am willing to help out any way i can. PM or email me if you want. Unfortunately the board participation rate is very low so you may not get too many responses here..... Everyone is out flying their aircams and not on the internet i guess.
mosky

by dkwall » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks for the offer. How do I contact you? My email is
dkwall

by jetset » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:04 am

Looking for a construction manual ..putting together an aircam just purchased which was a hanger queen..Took it apart for transport, would be a great help if someone could let me borrow it..

Thanks..

jetset

by MikeW » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm a longtime pilot with about 850 hrs, my wife is a pilot as well, we recently got a ride in an AirCam with Robert Meyer at Lockwood Aviation, and we are starting to get serious. I'm looking for feedback from a current AirCam builder. For example, wiring: how did the wiring of the Avionics/Engines go? How many hours? How much did you spend on Avionics/Instruments? Is there any documentations that you can share? Did AirCam inspect your installation?
MikeW

by dkwall » Wed May 24, 2017 9:57 pm

The building moved right along until I got to the wiring. Lockwood doesn't provided detailed wiring instructions. You are on your on. I installed a basic 3 pack front and back with a garmin aero in the front middle. With no instruction, it took me several months to complete the wiring under the hood.
I just installed my engines, so I have some more wiring to do.

Wiring and painting were the slowest part of the build.
dkwall

Return to Builder's Forum

User Menu

Login