• AirCam Forum
    Meet other AirCam owners & enthusiasts!
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:33 pm

AFC championship game.

All build threads go here.

by jinshuiqian0713 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:48 am

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Top-seeded Serena Williams faced some early struggles before defeating Russias Ekaterina Makarova 7-6 (8), 6-0 in the second round of the Dubai Championships on Tuesday. Hydro Flask Wide Mouth Straw Lid Sverige . Williams, playing in Dubai courtesy of a wild card, has been sidelined with a back injury since losing to Ana Ivanovic in the fourth round of the Australian Open last month. It took Williams the first set to adjust to the left-handed Makarovas ability to jam many of her shots into the top-ranked Americans body. "I felt a little rusty, but it was OK," Williams said. "Body is fine. I just had to get my feet moving, but it was OK." The 24th-ranked Makarova broke Williams serve in the first game of the match and was serving for the set at 5-4. Thats when the Russian played an error-riddled game to allow Williams to even the score to 5-5. Williams had one set point on Makarovas serve in the 12th game, but smacked a backhand return over the baseline. In the tiebreaker, Makarova had two set points at 6-4 and 6-5, but couldnt take advantage of the opportunities. Williams took the first set on her third set point in the tiebreaker when Makarova shipped a forehand long. "I was really telling myself to stay positive, because I was making a lot of errors that I normally dont make, and my serve just wasnt popping the way it normally is," Williams said. "It definitely got better in the second set." In the second set, the real Serena Williams showed up and raced to a 5-0 lead. However, she had trouble serving out the final game of the match -- facing three break points before winning on her second match point when Makarova made a forehand error. "She never gives up, and in that last game she started playing even better," Williams said. "I knew that I wanted to close it out there, because shed probably feel comfortable with holding serve and it would have been a longer match." Williams now plays Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic or fifth-seeded Jelena Jankovic of Serbia in the quarter-finals. Earlier, Ivanovic sent sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber packing 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6). The former top-ranked Ivanovic had three match points on Kerbers serve in the 12th game but couldnt close it out against the German who reached last weeks Doha final. Ivanovic even faced a battle in the tiebreaker. The Serbian led 5-1, but Kerber battled back to where she even had a match point at 6-5. "The first two sets a little bit too many errors on my side and a little bit from her side," Ivanovic said. "Shes such a tough competitor and retrieves lots of balls. "Im just so happy to be through." Seventh-seeded Simona Halep, who won last weeks Qatar Open in Doha, retired with a right Achilles injury while trailing Alize Cornet of France 6-1, 1-1, in the first match of the day. Halep complained of an inflamed Achilles during her run to the Doha title. "I wanted to try because I like to try to fight for my chance, but here I couldnt," Halep said. "After one set I realized that it is dangerous to continue." Eighth-seeded Caroline Wozniacki had to overcome a one-set deficit to outmanoeuvr Sabine Lisicki of Germany 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 and move into the second round. "I knew she was going to come out hot and just go for her shots, and I felt like I was just a step behind," said Wozniacki, who sports an 8-carat diamond engagement ring from fiance, golfer Rory McIloy everywhere she goes except on court. "It was nice to win this one, and, you know, onwards and upwards, as they say." Wozniacki will face German qualifier Annika Beck in the second round. Beck defeated Samantha Stosur of Australia 1-6, 6-1, 6-4. Hydro Flask Rea . Marek Hamsik, who had earlier missed a penalty, headed Napoli in front in the 23rd minute and Pandev added a second goal five minutes from halftime. Alessandro Matri got Juventus back into the game just after the break but Pandev was on hand to score again in the 68th. Hydro Flask 32 Oz Sverige . TSNs coverage of the Third Round gets underway Sunday with Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago at 3pm et/Noon pt. TSNs broadcast schedule for the Third Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs is as follows: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings• Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago – Sunday, May 18 at 3pm et/Noon pt• Game 2: Los Angeles at Chicago – Wednesday, May 21 at 8pm et/5pm pt• Game 4: Chicago at Los Angeles – Monday, May 26 at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast booth for TSN are play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Ray Ferraro, with Farhan Lalji contributing reports from rinkside. http://www.hydroflasksverige.se/hydro-flask-coffee.html . LA (SportsNetwork.New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady returned to training on Wednesday after serving his four-game suspension over an alleged plot to deflate footballs in last years AFC championship game. The teams talisman had been barred from the Patriots practice field during his enforced absence and has been working with a personal trainer and the clubs former receiver Wes Welker. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. New England face the struggling Cleveland Browns this weekend but, after utilising Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett for the first four weeks, it remains to be seen whether Brady makes the starting roster in Ohio. Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels acknowledged Bradys return could be the perfect tonic following last weeks loss against the Bills. Jimmy Garoppolo starred in the 23-21 win over the Arizona Cardinals It was four weeks and it felt like it went fast and Tommy is ready to go and looks ready to go, McDaniels said. Hydro Flask Wide Mouth Sverige. Like I said, well see how everything goes at practice and kind of just build one day at a time as we go through the week.Patriots receiver Danny Amendola said: I know hes been working hard wherever hes been. Im sure it will all come natural for him.Tight-end Rob Gronkowski added: its just like any other week, except Toms back at quarter-back, baby.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: NFL week four highlights Neil Reynolds Pick Six WATCH: Sunday Blitz NFL week four round-up ' ' '
jinshuiqian0713

Return to Builder's Forum

User Menu

Login