• AirCam Forum
    Meet other AirCam owners & enthusiasts!
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:22 am

only 1-2 seeds remaining in the

All build threads go here.

by jinshuiqian0713 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 am

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Ozzie Smith Padres Jersey .ca. In Sundays Blackhawks-Penguins game, Pittsburgh defenceman Brooks Orpik laid a huge hit on Chicagos Jonathan Toews. Now in my view, Orpik can be clearly seen leaving his feet while delivering a moderately high hit. Why wasnt there supplemental discipline, and should there have even been a penalty? I thought anytime you leapt or left your feet, a penalty is called! Am I missing something? Stu Alderson Stu: You and I are not the only ones missing something here as players continually elevate their posture and leave their feet at impact to deliver devastating hits. Dangerous and significant contact to the head of their opponent almost always results whenever a player leaves his feet to make a big hit. In the here and now, these hits are deemed "legal." With an eye firmly set on the end game, which I hope still remains to greatly reduce contact to the head and resulting concussions, it is irresponsible to continue down this path any longer. While each camp can passionately debate their respective position on whether to allow or eliminate high hits where significant contact to the head of an opponent results, I respectfully submit this issue should no longer be a matter of personal opinion. Instead, it should only be about "science." Through irrefutable medical evidence, we now know the short and long term effects of blows to the head. This road map can provide us with a clear picture of the end game! Brooks Orpik set up to deliver a body check as he slowed and glided toward Jonathan Toews in the corner. Toews sole intent was to advance the puck around the end wall. In doing so, Jonathan Toews lowered his body posture to place him (and particularly his head) in a vulnerable position and must share the responsibility for the location of where he was hit. The onus of "how" the contact was delivered and the "degree of force" utilized is exclusively on Brooks Orpik and taken into account by the referee to determine the legality of the check. No differently than the vast majority of current players, Brooks Orpik finished his hit on Jonathan Toews with considerable force as demonstrated by his upward launch with skates high off the ice. This intensified the velocity and violence of the hit regardless of whether Toews was in a vulnerable position or not. In many cases I would even suggest that an opponents apparent vulnerability is something a player will capitalize on to enhance the degree of force exerted through a hit. We certainly dont see many players let up! Rule 42.1 tells us that a minor or major shall be imposed on a player who "jumps into" an opponent. The "jump" element of this rule was once applied when a players skates lost contact with the ice. Charging is seldom called in the current era of the game, where players leave their feet with far more frequency in the act of delivering a body check than ever before. The most common "excuse" for not calling this infraction is that a players skates did not completely leave the ice prior to initiating body contact. This generous and liberal interpretation is extended to include times when the toe tip of one skate remains in contact with the ice at impact. Referees should be directed to impose a charging penalty in every case when a players skates leave the ice in the act of delivering a body check, period. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the end game; just a medical scientist! Hunter Renfroe Jersey . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Greg Garcia Padres Jersey . Then he got back at the team that released him five days before the start of last season, hitting a tiebreaking double in the ninth inning of the first game at Fenway Park since Boston won the World Series last October. http://www.padressale.com/padres-austin-hedges-jersey/ . -- The Toronto Maple Leafs are tightening the race for second place in the Atlantic Division.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Every big shot Wisconsin needed, Frank Kaminsky hit. The 7-footer carried Wisconsin to the Final Four with 28 points, including six in overtime, as the Badgers defeated Arizona 64-63 in a physical West Region final Saturday night. Kaminsky had 11 rebounds and scored from inside and outside, including three 3-pointers, for the No. 2 seed Badgers (30-7). Its Wisconsins first Final Four appearance since 2000, and first for 69-year-old coach Bo Ryan, who earned his 704th career victory. "We want a national championship now," Kaminsky said. "We have made it to the opportunity to get there, so why not go get it?" Ryan had a long tradition of attending the Final Four as a spectator with his father, who died in August. "Today would have been my dads 90th birthday," he said. "I just thought Id throw that in." Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers joined the locker room celebration, telling the Badgers hed been following them all season. Kaminsky proved the only reliable scorer on a night when the rest of the Badgers disappeared offensively. Sam Dekker was 2 for 5, Ben Brust went 2 for 7, Traevon Jackson was 4 of 14 and Nigel Hayes was 2 of 8. "Their big guy really had a great game," Arizonas Nick Johnson said. "He raised his level." Johnson had the ball with a chance to win, but he missed a shot that launched just after the buzzer for Arizona (33-5), the top-seeded team that has yet to win a West Region final in Anaheim in four tries. Johnson led the Wildcats with 16 points, and Aaron Gordon had 18 rebounds in the relentlessly physical game. It was the record-tying seventh OT game of this years tournament. Johnson stood with his hands on his hips, staring straight ahead, while Kaminsky and the rest of the Badgers rushed to celebrate. "I wish I would have taken one less dribble, get the shot off, give us a little chance," Johnson said. Jackson added 10 points for the Badgers, and Kaminsky was chosen as most outstanding player of the West Region, part of a breakout season for the junior with the deadpan sense of humour. "They tell me hes funnier that he used to be, and his eyes are more wide open now," Ryan said.. Randy Jones Padres Jersey. "If you see him sitting sometimes you think, Oh, look, Franks asleep. Hes not asleep. But hes got that sleepy look." Kaleb Tarczewski scored 12 points and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson had 10 points for the Wildcats, who were trying to get coach Sean Miller to the Final Four for his first time. Instead, Miller was sent to the sidelines on the same day his younger brother Archies Dayton Flyers lost to Florida in the South Region final. "When you lose, its like a car crashes," Miller said. "Its just -- youre done." The first 40 minutes were a back-and-forth struggle between the only 1-2 seeds remaining in the regionals, with neither team leading by more than three points over the final 12:09 of regulation. Overtime was even more dramatic, with Arizona having an answer for just about everything Wisconsin did. Brust hit a 3-pointer to put the Badgers up at the start of the extra session; Gordon answered with a 3 to tie it up again at 57. Kaminsky scored inside and Gordon dunked at the other end for another tie. Kaminskys jumper and a free throw by Josh Gasser gave Wisconsin a 62-59 lead. Tarczewskis two free throws and Jordin Mayes tip-in drew the Wildcats to 64-63 with 58 seconds left. T. J. McConnells jumper missed, but Arizona got the offensive rebound and found Johnson, who missed and got called for the push-off on Gasser with 3 seconds left. "I thought it was a really, really tough call," Miller said. "Im going to stop there. Ive already been fined." Wisconsin inbounded on the baseline, and a scramble ensued in front of Arizonas bench with 2 seconds left. The initial call gave the ball to the Badgers. The referees viewed replays for several minutes before deciding Wisconsin touched the ball last. "It was the longest minutes of my life," Hayes said. Ryan said, "Mainly we spent most of it knowing that it wasnt going to be our ball." That call set up the final play, with Pac-12 player of the year Johnson unable to bail out the Wildcats. "I knew he wasnt going to pass it with only two seconds on the clock," Gasser said. "It was a good battle out there, and fortunately, he didnt make a play there." ' ' '
jinshuiqian0713

Return to Builder's Forum

User Menu

Login